Another excellent Officejet printer from HP. For offices with low to mid-range level printing requirements, this can be a great choice. HP doesn’t provide you high capacity and speed for this printer, but it has some essential features that put it under the small office or business requirement spectrum. With multifunction features, some interesting printing features, and good print quality, this printer is worth checking out. After getting this printer, without further ado, you also need to install the necessary HP Deskjet 5740 drivers and software. These are already provided for you with download links.
- 1 HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
- 1.1 Steps to Install the HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
- 1.2 Steps to Perform the HP 5740 Printer Maintenance
- 1.3 Fun Facts
- 1.4 Common Issues
- 1.5 Design & Specifications
- 1.6 Other Features
- 1.7 Pros & Cons
- 1.8 Customer Support
- 1.9 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
Full Feature Software and HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
For any user who is confused as to what drivers you need to install, go with this one. It provides you everything along with some added optional software. This is preferred by most users.
Size: 146.4 MB
Release Date: 13th Jan 2021
Basic HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
To avoid any unnecessary bloatware, and install only the required once then you need to get this driver.
Size: 54.3 MB
Release Date: 11th April 2019
Universal Fax HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
Since this printer has fax features, install this driver on a server PC. That’s because installing it on the same network lets users send fax around. This version of the driver is compatible with XP and Vista devices as well.
Size: 14.6 MB
Release Date: 17th March 2021
Firmware HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
For any device, firmware is a crucial part of functioning, It has the devices’ code which helps to carry to its functions. This driver also updates your firmware to improve security.
Size: 33.4 MB
Release Date: 29th June 2020
ePrint HP 5740 Software
A software that supports the wireless features that come with this printer. Features like printing from the cloud by using various connections.
Size: 31.2 MB
Release Date: 18th Sep 2017
Easy Start Printer Setup HP 5740 Software
For easy guidelines on the installation of drivers, get this software.
Size: 9.5 MB
Release Date: 26th March 2021
HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers Tool for Diagnostics
Locate and patch your printer bugs from a simple scan with this driver tool.
Size: 15.4 MB
Release Date: 6th April 2021
HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers Compatibility: Only devices which use the 64bit Windows 10 can install these HP Deskjet 5740 drivers and software.
Users with other devices can use this HP Drivers link to download appropriate HP 5740 drivers for them.
Steps to Install the HP Deskjet 5740 Drivers
If you have an amateur and have never installed any driver before, then this tutorial is for you. Check the instructions below for simple guided steps.
- First, connect your printer and Windows device either with a wired or a wireless connection.
- Click the download button for the HP 5740 driver that you need for your printer.
- The file will download automatically, and when that is done, run the downloaded file.
- This will start the extraction of the setup, after the extraction is done the installation will begin.
- All you have to do here is to follow the on-screen instructions for a successful installation.
- When prompted, select your printer from the list of printers on the Windows screen.
- With this, the setup will conclude and your HP Deskjet 2624 drivers installation is done.
Steps to Perform the HP 5740 Printer Maintenance
Performing maintenance is not an easy task, this is said by those who have never performed one. In contrast, it just involves some simple steps to access the settings from your printer. There’s one little hiccup. Not every device has the same options to access these maintenance options. Here we provide you two such options.
- From your Windows Start menu, go to the Printers and Faxes.
- Now highlight your printer by selecting it and click on the File option.
- Then go to Properties and click on the Services tab.
- Here you will have different kinds of maintenance options.
- From your Windows desktop, open the (printer name) Printer Assistant.
- Here you can either go to “Utilities” or select the “Tools and Update” button.
- Now by selecting either one option, you will have to next click on the Printer Maintenance button.
- Here you get to choose your required maintenance option.
In this day and age, there are many kinds of magazines, from sports, technology to general lifestyle magazines. Do you ever wonder when was the first-ever magazine published? The answer to that is the year 1731, the year when the first magazine was published by Edward Cave. He was one to pave the way for magazines by terming the magazine word.
What Should I Do When I See an “incompatible Print Settings” Error Message for Borderless Printing?
You generally see this error when there is an incompatibility between print quality and media type. Every media type has a predetermined print quality, changing that will show your error alert on your printer screen.
- This error is mostly while printing borderless photos or documents.
- Not every paper type supports different print types. As there are many paper types there is also the preferred print option for each type.
- So whenever you face such an alert message, just change the print options and this error should be solved.
- If this doesn’t help then you have to contact HP support for a solution.
How to Solve a Paper Mismatch Error in Your Printer With Windows Devices?
As you may know, the kind of output you need depends on the type of paper. Printing something with incompatible paper results in an error. This means the settings for the print don’t match the paper type.
So to solve this few things can be done, and these are provided below. Follow them in the order mentioned.
- The first thing that you need to do is to see if the settings and the paper size match the print job. This needs to be done from your Windows settings.
- One of the most common solutions for most errors is to reset your printer. This should be done by removing every power cord from the printer while it is still ON. Wait for a minute to put back those cords, and start your printer.
- You should also check your printer drivers, especially the firmware. It should always be kept updated to the latest version for better printer performance.
- Also, try removing the printer drivers and reinstalling them. This can be done from Add or Remove Programs in the Windows control panel. Select your printer and click on Uninstallation. When the drivers are removed, install them again.
For a more detailed explanation of the above steps, check this HP support document. If even after doing all these steps, the problem isn’t solved then contact HP support or service your printer.
Design & Specifications
If you take out the above ADF for HP Deskjet 5740 series printer, then it looks similar to other HP Envy printers like 5052. The ADF is always a welcome feature that puts it under the office printer’s radar. You get a 25 sheets capacity for ADF. You can access many of its multifunction features with its 2.65-inch color touch screen which can be seen on its 17.8×19.8×7.6 inch body. The screen size is pretty good for handling, and this can also be used to print from USB or memory cards.
Along with an automatic feeder, you also have the auto-duplexer that makes your work easier. Use the 125 sheets input capacity and a 25 sheets output ray to print up to 1000 pages in a month. Though the recommended capacity could be low. The output quality is mediocre with a similar kind of speed which could be acceptable if you print mostly texts and some images. The best speed that you get is 22ppm and 21ppm for black and color respectively. This speed is thanks to draft mode.
In terms of output size and resolution, you get up to 8.3×13.8 inches in area and for color, the best resolution is 4800×1200 optimized dpi. All this is standard for most HP Envy and Officejet printers. Some of its good features include the usual connectivity options along with a memory card slot and USB printing. That’s something that you don’t get in every printer, and can be helpful for many users.
With wireless features, you get the option to print directly from cloud storage. If you, like me, store your important documents in the cloud then this can come in handy. For American users, the replacement ink cartridges are HP 62 black and tricolor cartridges. These can be bought using this HP Store link or the Amazon Store link. These are available in two sizes which are the standard and XL, and the XL provides you high page yield with 600 pages for black and 415 pages for color prints.
Pros & Cons
- Multifunction printer.
- Wireless features like Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct.
- Memory card slot and USB printing.
- The ADF and duplexer are always a plus.
- Paper capacity should have been more.
- The touchscreen is a little too sensitive.
This printer is available on Amazon and can be bought at a starting price of $219.00 using this Amazon Store link.
Like the common issues, there can be other problems with your printer that require complex procedures. Most of these procedures can only be done with some assistance from experts. To get such expert assistance, use this HP Customer Support link. Open the link to search for your query or just enter your device serial number and get contact options.
There’s also another option where you can chat with the HP Virtual Agent which is a bot, this can be seen as the “Need Help?” option in the bottom right corner of this page.
Even though the HP Deskjet 5740 isn’t a workhorse, it still is a great choice for printing with its duplexer and ADF. You get every necessary feature that you can ask from a printer, and all that for a decent price. HP Deskjet 5740 drivers are suitable for most users that use this at home. Honestly, go for this printer if you don’t print more than 100-200 pages in a month. This should fit well for any such uses.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
There are a few things that you can try to squeeze that ink out of your cartridges. Use the draft mode, not only does it increase speed it also reduces ink usage. Change from standard size to XL size cartridges because XL has a high yield.
To download the manual for the HP 5740 printer, use this HP User Manual link.
Yes, you get 2 sample ink cartridges of black and tricolor. There are 2 cords that you get with this printer, one is the power cord and the other is the USB cable.
You can automatically print on both sides with this printer with the help of an auto-duplexer.