Buying a printer is a difficult task when you don’t have much idea about them. All there is to be sure of is what is the requirement. If the answer is for low-level requirements, which sometimes include photo printing then we have the right kind of printer for such things. HP Envy 5660 series is an inkjet printer that is aimed mostly at low printing requirements at your home and even a home office. It has enough features to make it a decent entry to the list of HP envy printers. Though you also need the HP Envy 5660 Driver with it.
Make no mistake. This isn’t a powerhouse or the best photo printer, but it gets the job done. Its main appealing features are connectivity and mobile printing. Also, the ability to directly print from, and to the memory cards. To get a better idea of why this printer might be a good choice for you, check the info below.
After buying this printer, install the drivers and HP Envy 5660 software. Without them, your printer is as good as a piece of rock on your table. So check the info provided and download the required one for you.
- 1 HP Envy 5660 Drivers
- 1.1 Steps to Install the HP Envy 5660 Drivers
- 1.2 Steps to Perform HP 5660 Printer Troubleshooting
- 1.3 Fun Facts
- 1.4 Printing tips
- 1.5 Common Issues
- 1.6 Design & Specifications
- 1.7 Other Features
- 1.8 Pros & Cons
- 1.9 Customer Support
- 1.10 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
HP Envy 5660 Drivers
Full Feature Software and HP Envy 5660 Driver
A packaging tool that has all the required drivers and some added software for your printer functionality. This is a recommended driver for every user.
Size: 91.2 MB
Release Date: 16th April 2019
Basic HP Envy 5660 Driver
A simple driver for basic printer functionality. This driver is for common printer functions, and it doesn’t have any unnecessary bloatware.
Size: 46.5 MB
Release Date: 11th April 2019
Firmware HP Envy 5660 Driver
Every device has firmware that consists of functionality code, this code needs to be improved constantly. Well, this driver does exactly that for better functionality.
Size: 33.7 MB
Release Date: 23rd July 2020
ePrint HP Envy 5660 Software
To use features like Wi-Fi, LAN, and other wireless connections, install this software. With this, users get the option to print from anywhere to any supported printer. It also lets them print from the cloud.
Size: 31.2 MB
Release Date: 18th Sep 2017
Easy Start Printer Setup HP Envy 5660 Software
A software with instructional startup for your printer along with other drivers.
Size: 9.5 MB
Release Date: 26th March 2021
HP Envy 5660 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
When you face any error with your printer use this tool to fix those errors. It searches the printer and fixes those bugs when you run it.
Size: 15.4 MB
Release Date: 6th April 2021
HP Envy 5660 Drivers Compatibility: These HP Envy 5660 drivers are for 64bit Windows 10 devices only.
If you need HP Envy drivers or software for other devices then use this HP Envy Drivers link.
Steps to Install the HP Envy 5660 Drivers
A beginner’s guide to learn how to install the drivers and HP Envy 5660 series software.
- Connect your printer and Windows device with a wired or wireless connection. Preferably a wireless connection.
- Now select the required driver and click the download button for it.
- Wait till the file is downloaded. Run the file and wait for the extraction of setup.
- After extraction is done, the setup will launch the installer.
- Use the information provided by the installer to go through the process.
- When prompted, select your printer from the list of printers shown on your Windows device.
- This will finish your HP Envy driver download and installation process.
Steps to Perform HP 5660 Printer Troubleshooting
Apart from using a diagnostic tool, you can also use the troubleshooting option on your Windows device. All you have to do is access this option and run it. To Find this option check the steps below.
- Type and search troubleshooting from the Windows Start menu.
- Click on the troubleshooting settings when you find it.
- In troubleshoot settings, you will see a printer option under the “Get up and running section”.
- Clicking the printer option will give the “Run the troubleshooter” option. Select it.
- This will scan your printer and show you an option to fix the problem.
Did you ever hear about the most famous typesetting error? This error was in the reprint of King James Bible in Exodus 20:14 where the term “not” was left out from a sentence. This sentence was ‘Thou shalt commit adultery’ with the missing ‘not’, raised many eyebrows. This also angered the Canterbury Archbishop and King Charles I. The latter ordered the books to be destroyed and revoked the printer’s license.
Some copies of this book still exist and are called The Wicked Bible.
Ever had a doubt as to what type of ink is better for printing photos? Dye-based or pigment-based? The answer isn’t a yes or no, it depends on your requirements and printer. If you wish to have great colors then go with dye-based ink, these are great for photo albums. The downside is that these take longer to dry and may not last forever.
On the other hand, if you wish to print professional-grade photos with a high-end printer, then go for pigment-based ink. They may lack gaiety but have great quality.
So choose accordingly.
Why Do My Airprint Connections Fail in Ios 11, Sierra, and High Sierra?
If you are not able to connect your printer with your iPhone, Mac device or any other Apple device then check the steps below.
- The first thing to try would be to check your firmware drivers. Make sure that it is updated to the latest version, and if not, then update it.
- Also, check your Apple device’s OS versions. Sometimes some OS versions have certain bugs and these are solved in the next versions. So check if there is any update. This can be found in the General menu in Settings for iOS devices, and in the App Store for Mac devices.
- Try rebooting your printer and device. Wait for a few seconds like 10 seconds before turning it on.
- From your printer’s advanced settings, you need to turn off the IPv6.
- Next, IPPS setting which is the Internet Printing Protocol. This also needs to be turned off.
If you need more details on how to perform these steps, then check this HP support document.
What Should I Do if My Printer Is Not Responding?
When you see an error message stating the printer is offline or not responding, and sometimes there is no error message, but the printer still won’t be responding. In such cases try these techniques.
- First check that your printer has ink/toner, sufficient paper, and there is no error. If there are any of these problems then check the next steps.
- Now press the Power button if the printer is in sleep mode. If it is, then turn it on.
- If there is any missing paper then add it to the tray. Make sure that you are using the right kind of paper for the job.
- Check the ink levels and replace any low or empty ink cartridges.
- Also, check for any error messages and resolve them if there are any.
- When all that is done, reboot your printer, and this should do the trick.
Other than the not responding problem if you see a printer offline error message then check this HP support document.
Design & Specifications
If we cover the basics then it can do most things, except fax. This might not be a hurdle for home users, but it does put a dent in anyone who thought of using this for an office machine. Use these basic features with the 2.65-inch color touchscreen. This touchscreen along with a memory card and other physical features sit on a 17.8×19.8×6.3 inch body. These body dimensions are a result of a 100 sheet input tray and a 25 sheets output tray.
Want to print some photos? Then use the 15 sheets photo tray, and relieve yourself from constantly switching paper. Other than this, there’s also the all sides printing option with the duplexer and ADF. All the print and scan functions can be done for up to 1000 pages in a month with a 22ppm speed for monochrome prints. For printing color stuff, users get a 21ppm speed. This speed is neither impressive nor is it disappointing considering it isn’t a laserjet or Officejet printer.
If we go a little in-depth about printing or scanning, then know about the size and quality of the printouts that it can offer. Since we use the glass for scanning, the standard size of 8.5×11.7 inches is what users can expect, which is its maximum size. In terms of resolution, it can produce is 4800×1200 optimized for color prints and a 1200×1200 dpi for black prints.
Now to more of its appealing features which are its connectivity options. Except for the Ethernet you get almost every connectivity option for your printer. These options include both wireless and wired connections. Apart from these you also have a memory card slot to print from, and the option to print from the cloud.
To use this on the go with any mobile, use any wireless options that work with almost every smartphone’s OS that is in the market today. Looking for more specifics? Then know that it has AirPrint and ePrint apps with multiple connections. All of the above stuff is only possible if you have enough ink. In case you don’t, use this HP Store link or the Staples Store link to get the HP 62 black or tricolor ink cartridges.
Frankly, I think a printer using a tricolor cartridge is a liability. That’s because you have to replace the whole cartridge even if one color is empty.
Pros & Cons
- ADF support.
- Able to print 2 sides automatically with the duplexer.
- Mobile printing solutions.
- Wi-Fi Direct and other wireless options
- Print speed is subpar.
- Paper capacity should have been more.
- There is no Ethernet or fax option.
Now that you know what you what, and what this printer has to offer, get this printer using the Amazon Store link which is available for $199.0.
It can be tiring to search for an error solution and not find one. This often happens with complex errors which cannot be solved by general users. No amount of effort without assistance will solve this, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a solution for this. To get solutions for such problems you need to contact the people at HP. Use this HP Customer Support to get them in contact with an expert for a solution.
Open this link and use the information on the page to get your solution.
Read all the way through here? Then you understand that the HP Envy 5660 is a good choice. This is for anyone who needs a machine for casual printing. Its mobile and network features along with duplexers make it a worthy addition to the ranks of Envy printers. Installing HP Envy 5660 drivers and software will give you the requirements to run it. If it doesn’t run as it is supposed to then use the diagnostic tool, and when that doesn’t help, count on HP support for a solution.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
You can use multiple paper types with this printer, such as Legal, Letter, 4×6 in, 5×7 in, 8×10 in, and No. 10 envelopes.
Yes, you can use this printer with almost every Apple device. You need to connect them with a wireless connection.
Every HP printer manual can be found on the HP support page. You can use this HP User Manual link to download it.
If you have just recently bought a printer and need to set it up then use this HP support document for instruction on how to do that.