It’s easier to distinguish an excellent printer or if it’s quite the opposite. The ones that lie in between the good and bad spectrum are difficult to find. Now you may be wondering, “why not go for the best one?”. This is because not everyone has the requirement for the best printer. Sometimes you just need a decent printer with some good multifunction features to cater to your home or home office. One such printer is the HP Officejet 4630 series, and with that, you’ll need some HP Officejet 4630 Driver.
It can indulge us with its multifunction options. All its functions can be carried out with good speeds and acceptable quality. Now it’s time to install the HP Officejet 4630 drivers for the printer. To find out what drivers or HP 4630 driver or software are needed, look at the information provided below.
- 1 HP Officejet 4630 Drivers
- 1.1 Steps to Install the HP Officejet 4630 Driver
- 1.2 Steps to Perform HP 4630 Printer Maintenance
- 1.3 Fun Facts
- 1.4 Printing Tips
- 1.5 Common Issues
- 1.6 Design & Specifications
- 1.7 Other Features
- 1.8 Pros & Cons
- 1.9 Customer Support
- 1.10 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
HP Officejet 4630 Drivers
Full Feature Software and HP Officejet 4630 Drivers
A recommended driver for every user who wants to get the most out of your printer. It has some optional software for users that like to have optional features.
Size: 162.6 MB
Release Date: 12th Nov 2015
Basic HP Officejet 4630 Driver
For users who require only essential features, should get this driver. This is generally is preferred for printers in offices with the general multifunction requirements. If your requirements come under that spectrum, then go for this driver.
Size: 41.7 MB
Release Date: 12th Nov 2015
Firmware HP Officejet 4630 Driver
To overcome security vulnerabilities and stay bugs-free, install this firmware driver.
Size: 3.7 MB
Release Date: 16th July 2020
ePrint HP 4630 Software
Make use of its wireless features with this software. Operate it from anywhere using a proper network to any compatible device. Use either a Windows device at your home or at work to perform any function.
Size: 31.2 MB
Release Date: 18th Sep 2017
HP Officejet 4630 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
Get rid of the usual printer errors with this driver tool. Run this tool and watch it comb through your printer to fix any frequent errors.
Size: 15.4 MB
Release Date: 6th April 2021
HP Officejet 4630 Drivers Compatibility: Install these HP Officejet 4630 drivers only if you are using a Windows 10 64bit device.
If you wish to download HP Officejet 4630 driver for other devices then use this HP 4630 Drivers link for that.
Steps to Install the HP Officejet 4630 Driver
One thing to make sure of before you start installing any drivers is to check if your printer and Windows device are connected. If not, do that, and then begin the process with the help of the steps provided below.
- Look for the required driver and click the download button for that driver.
- This will automatically start the download. Run the file after it is downloaded.
- It will start the extraction of the setup. The installer will launch after the extraction is done.
- When the installation begins, follow the steps shown on the installer.
- Finish the process by selecting your printer from the list of printers, when prompted by the installer.
This will successfully finish the driver’s installation.
Steps to Perform HP 4630 Printer Maintenance
Maintenance and troubleshooting are sort of similar in a way that both help us get rid of devices issues. The key difference is that maintenance prevents any problems before they happen, while troubleshooting is done to find and patch an existing problem. Sometimes maintenance can also solve some existing hardware problems. Whatever the case, you need to know how to access the maintenance menu. Here’s the tricky part, there are different ways to access maintenance menus on every device.
Here are two such ways you can choose.
- Select the Hewlett-Packard option in the Programs option in your Windows Start menu.
- Then select the HP (printer name) series, and go to Printer Assistant.
- In Printing Assistant, choose either “Utilities” or the “Tools and Update” button.
- For either one option, you can go to Printer Maintenance and choose your required option.
- From your Desktop, open the HP Director icon with a double click.
- Now select the Utility option and go to Printer Maintenance.
- Here you will be able to choose your required form of maintenance.
It’s easier to search for any unknown word meaning in a dictionary. Also, ever wonder when was the first time that a dictionary was used? Well, it was in the early 1600s, and more precisely around 1603 that the first dictionary was printed. It comprises almost 3000 words and was a single language dictionary that was called Robert Cawdrey’s Table Alphabetical. This was an English language dictionary.
Did you know that certain fonts are widely used and considered as some of the best fonts for printing? These fonts were judged based on different aspects like their wide usage and their significance in history. So, to make your prints look better, you should prefer these fonts over others. Some of these fonts are Times New Roman, Garamond, Frutiger, and Optima. There are many more of these, as many as a hundred.
Next time, choose such fonts for good-looking text.
How Can I Solve the Web Services Connection Problem?
If you are unable to connect to the HP Web services or see an error while trying to connect to Web services, then check out the few tricks given below that might help you.
- First, make sure that your printer supports web services (find the HP ePrint logo on the control panel). There is no point in trying to connect to web services when your printer isn’t compatible. Also, some old printers don’t support web services anymore after the September 2016 update.
- Don’t use a USB cable while connecting to the Web services, and check your network connections. Check every wired or wireless network connection of your printer and Windows device.
- Always keep your firmware driver updated to the latest version. If it ain’t, then get on with it.
- You can also try rebooting your printer, router, and Windows device. This is usually the go-to solution for most problems.
For more solutions check this HP support document and solve your problem.
How Can I Improve the HP 4630 Printer Fax Quality?
It can be troublesome when you send a fax to your boss with low print quality. To avoid this embarrassment here are a few things that you can do.
- First, you need to clean your printer scanner. It could be a flatbed or a document scan feeder, regardless you need to clean the glass with a lint-free cloth and cleaning spray.
- Try resetting your printer. If you don’t know how then just remove every power cord while the printer is on. Now, wait for a minute before you plug them back in. Never use a spike suppressor.
- If your transmission speed is high for fax then reduce it. This could be the reason for reduced fax quality.
- Sometimes you can let the printer handle the wheels by switching on the Error Correction Mode. This will fix any error with your transmission or quality.
- As stated my times, always keep your firmware up to date.
For more options and an in-depth explanation of these methods, check this HP support document.
Design & Specifications
The HP 4630 printer may look a little old-fashioned due to its monochrome non-touchscreen display which is 1.96-inches in size. To access any of its commands, use the multiple buttons provided near the screen. In terms of setup, it is quite easy to perform as it is not much in size with 17.52×13.15×7 inches measurement. Even with 35 sheets ADF it just weighs 14.6 pounds and isn’t much taller. Along with the ADF, you also have the duplexer for auto 2-sided printing.
For printing, 100 papers input and a 20 sheets output storage is available. This is pretty low for a printer. Are 10 sheets a day is your limit? Then ignore this drawback. Even though the paper capacity isn’t as expected, you do get a good printing speed in draft mode. With a 30ppm for monochrome and a 25ppm for color prints, you might just be able to finish most of your tasks.
For color printing, you get a single cartridge. This one brings you colors of blue shade, maroon shade, and yellow. These provide you many other combinations of shades. For monochrome prints, you have a black ink cartridge. Both these cartridges are HP 61 ink cartridges that you can get from different stores.
You can get these ink cartridges using this Amazon Store link or the HP Store link. For more page count you should use the XL size cartridges.
Since you got the option to scan, the maximum size that you can scan from the glass is 8.5×11.7 inches. All these have a 1200×1200 PPI optical resolution. When connecting this printer to a PC or any other device, you can choose from USB or wireless options. Even if you don’t have a working network, you can still connect it wirelessly with the wireless direct feature.
Now almost everyone has a smartphone and these come with features that ease our work. So why not use this for your printer when you have the ePrint and AirPrint options for mobiles with different OS. The most important thing about any printer is its print quality. Rest assured that this one handles that requirement well enough. You get good photos and text quality with this printer, quality which is satisfiable to the most office or home users.
Though you need to limit photo printing as this printer consumes a lot of ink for photos and graphics. It’s the color ink that ends up rapidly. Thus making throw out the whole cartridge. Well, there is a solution to mitigate the cost of ink. To do that, select the HP Instant Ink web service from HP. This is cost-effective and gets your ink delivered before it finishes.
Pros & Cons
- Multifunction features.
- Auto 2 sided printing with the ADF and duplexer.
- Cost-effective ink with HP Instant ink.
- Photo quality is good, so are the connection options.
- Low paper capacity.
- Without Instant ink, the prices can be high.
- Can be slow in terms of copying and scanning.
Any low to mid-range user should be happy with this printer. You can get this printer using this Amazon Store link.
No more what kind of error you face, people at HP will always be there to solve your problems. Not every time is an error fixed with just troubleshooting or some poorly explained tutorial. It is then when you need to contact experts. Use this HP Customer Support link to get assistance from HP and get your errors fixed.
Open the link and enter your device serial number to get contact options or just search for your query in the search bar.
The HP Officejet 4630 isn’t the best printer from HP nor is it the bad one, it just depends on your requirement. Don’t expect a high-performing workhorse because this ain’t one. If you are looking for a multifunction printer to use at home or micro offices then this will fit right in for you. Its ADF and duplexer, combined with a decent speed make it a good printer for most of your low to mid-level tasks. Maintenance should be a necessary task for users so that your printer stays out of trouble. Even if it does run into some, you can get the necessary help from HP.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
You can use this HP User Manual link to download the HP 4630 printer manual.
At the time of writing this article, this printer is priced at $190.00 in the Amazon Store.
Yes, this printer is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP devices.
It is compatible with most macOS devices, and you can also use the AirPrint feature with iOS devices.