House, office, or businesses you name it, and this printer fits wells for any place to carry any task you assign. The HP Officejet Pro 7740 eprinter is an all-in-one printer that has great print quality with features that make it one of the best Officejet printers from HP. This isn’t exactly a workhorse, but it doesn’t shy away from some good volume printing. It is pretty avoidant with its speed and paper handling that it does most tasks. For its price range, it does way more than most Officejet printers. To know more about this, let’s get into more details. We are also going to get a complete idea of the HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver.
After you get this printer, it’s time you install the HP 7740 drivers and HP Officejet Pro 7740 software that is provided below.
- 1 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Drivers
- 1.0.1 Full Feature Software and HP Officejet Pro 7740 Drivers
- 1.0.2 Basic HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver
- 1.0.3 Universal Fax HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver
- 1.0.4 Firmware HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver
- 1.0.5 ePrint HP Officejet Pro 7740 Software
- 1.0.6 Easy Start Printer Setup HP Officejet Pro 7740 Software
- 1.0.7 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
- 1.0.8 3rd Party Application
- 1.1 Steps to Install the HP Officejet Pro 7740 Drivers
- 1.2 Steps to Perform HP 7740 Printer Troubleshooting
- 1.3 Fun Facts
- 1.4 Printing Tips
- 1.5 Common Issues
- 1.6 How to Solve the Faulty Print Head Error?
- 1.7 Design & Specifications
- 1.8 Other Features
- 1.9 Pros & Cons
- 1.10 Customer Support
- 1.11 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
HP Officejet Pro 7740 Drivers
Full Feature Software and HP Officejet Pro 7740 Drivers
There is nothing better than getting everything that you need in place, avoids us the tiring task of searching. This, in the case of drivers, is true for this driver. Install this, and you are good to go because it has everything required for a printer.
Size: 178.4 MB
Release Date: 13th Jan 2021
Basic HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver
This driver is generally recommended for office use because it only provides fundamental functionality for a printer. Is that your requirement too? Then install this driver.
Size: 66.5 MB
Release Date: 19th June 2020
Universal Fax HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver
Intend to use your printer in an office? Then this driver is crucial. Install it on a device that is connected by a network to multiple devices. That way, sending fax around the office is possible.
Size: 14.6 MB
Release Date: 17th March 2021
Firmware HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver
To keep your security protocols in line with the current version, install this driver.
Size: 63.4 MB
Release Date: 4th March 2021
ePrint HP Officejet Pro 7740 Software
Want to make use of all the wireless features that you get with this device? Then add this software. Also, have a habit of storing important documents on the cloud? Then it allows users to print from cloud storage.
Size: 31.2 MB
Release Date: 18th Sep 2017
Easy Start Printer Setup HP Officejet Pro 7740 Software
Never installed a driver before? Use this software and successfully install one with the help of simple guidelines.
Size: 9.5 MB
Release Date: 26th March 2021
HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
Make use of this tool to solve your device problems. Install and run this so that it can search and patch your printer errors.
Size: 15.4 MB
Release Date: 6th April 2021
3rd Party Application
This software is called “ReadIris Pro” which is an advanced tool for scanning. Install this to get advanced OCR features.
Size: 381.8 MB
Release Date: 9th July 2020
HP Officejet Pro 7740 Drivers Compatibility: Make sure that you are using a 64bit Windows device before installing these HP Officejet Pro 7740 drivers & software because it isn’t compatible with devices other than that.
For other devices, use this HP Drivers link to download the drivers.
Steps to Install the HP Officejet Pro 7740 Drivers
For newbies who don’t know how to install drivers, here is a step-by-step guide.
- You first begin by connecting your Windows device and printer with your choice of wired or wireless connection.
- Then click the download button for the required HP Officejet Pro 7740 driver.
- This will automatically start the download. You need to run the file when it is done.
- When you run it, it will extract the setup for installation.
- After extraction is done, the setup will launch.
- All you have to do is follow the instructions on the installer to go through with the process.
- When prompted, select your printer from the list in Windows device.
With this, your HP 7740 printer driver download & installation should be successful.
Steps to Perform HP 7740 Printer Troubleshooting
There are two ways that you can perform troubleshooting which is either with the Windows settings or by using the diagnostic tool provided by HP. You can choose your required method which is provided below.
- First, we will use the HP diagnostic tool to troubleshoot your printer.
- If you don’t have the tool you can download it with this HP Diagnostic tool link.
- Install and run this tool, and it will take care of the rest.
- You just have to apply the fix when it shows you the option.
- Here we will use the Windows settings to troubleshoot.
- Search for the Troubleshooting guide settings from your Windows Start menu.
- Here you will find a printer option in the “Get up and running section”.
- When you click on the printer option you will see the “Run the troubleshoot‘ option.
- When you select it, it will scan your printer for any frequent issues and show you an option to apply the fix.
Both methods should work for every user, and if both don’t then at least one will.
The printing industry has been running for a few hundred years now, and even after the advent of the digital market, it continues to run strong. Many people still prefer to read newspapers, magazines, and many other papers in the form of prints. So it is not surprising that the global print industry is still running. Though it is different for every country.
The largest market for the print industry is in the USA, their global market share is around $185.5 billion. This was around 2014-2015, and it is still probably leading the market.
This is more of a printer tip than a printing tip. There are specific things to look for before buying a printer. Things like quality, speed, paper types & capacity, and support. These factors/features determine a great printer from a bad one. It is important that you at least consider these factors before going into the market.
How to Solve the Printer Not Found Error During Driver Setup?
Sometimes while installing printer drivers in your Windows device you will bump into a “printer not found” error. This error can be framed with different words like “no device found” and some other, Nonetheless, it is the same error. To solve this, check the steps below.
- Use the printer diagnostic tool to scan your printer and see if it comes with a solution to fix this. You just need to run the tool, and if you don’t have it then use this HP Drivers link to select your device and download it.
- Remove your printer drivers and reinstall them. This can be done from the “Add or Remove Programs” from your Windows control panel.
- Check your printer connection. Depending on your connection, use the appropriate steps provided in this HP support document to solve your problem.
How to Solve the Faulty Print Head Error?
There are many ways that our printer will present you with this error, and solving this will require you to replace your print head. Instead of using such drastic methods let’s see if it can be solved with some simple steps.
- Try resetting your printer by removing every cord while it is still ON. Wait for a minute, and plug them back in. Now turn on your printer.
- Check your ink cartridges. Every printer has different kinds of cartridges, and solving this problem involves different steps for each cartridge. Check this HP support document to find your ink cartridges and procedure.
Design & Specifications
With 42.9 pounds, The HP 7740 printer is more on the heavier side of the printer, though it is only because it comes with an ADF and an extra input tray. The more hardware you have, the heavier your printer is. This would be negligible to any user who knows what it can do. The flatbed scanner and ADF does increase their dimensions which are 23×28.03×15.10 inches, but that’s not the only reason why it is big. This is a wide format printer that can print up to 11.7×17 inches, and also scan up to 11.7×17 inches.
Its print quality for text and photos is pretty great considering it’s an Officejet printer. You can also print borderless photos which are the same size as the maximum print size. All the print, scan, or other functions can be accessed by the 2.6-inch touchscreen display. To do any of its functions you would need two things, one is the paper, and the other thing is ink. Well in the case of paper, you get more than enough with a 250 sheets input tray and a 75 sheets output tray. On top of this, you have a 2nd tray that can hold another 250 sheets.
If you think that’s it for paper capacity, then you are wrong because there’s another 35 sheets capacity for the ADF. Combine this with the duplexer, and you have one hell of a printer for your office or even home.
Do all this over your preferred choice of connection because this one has every type that any printer has. There’s a USB slot with which allows direct printing from the flash drive. Also, a choice to operate and print from almost every mobile device.
Another great thing about this printer is its speed. You need to have good speed if you are to do some heavy lifting, and it does so with 34ppm speed for both black and color prints. You can use this speed to print up to 18,000 pages in a month. If you are wondering about that second thing that I forgot to mention other than the paper capacity, I didn’t. Its ink cartridges for your printer, without those you cannot print anything. This printer uses 4 different ink cartridges, namely black, cyan, magenta, and yellow.
Other than the sample ones that you get with your printer, you will also need some stand-ins when those are empty. So use this Amazon Store link to get the HP 952 ink cartridges.
Pros & Cons
- Exceptional speed.
- Abundant paper capacity.
- Wireless, Wi-Fi, Wireless direct features.
- ADF combined with a duplexer is great for automatic 2-sided printing.
- Good print quality for a budget-friendly printer.
- Large footprint.
Checked the common issues and tried to search for solutions? Then in the process, you will notice that there are so many errors that you may face. These errors are not just limited to this printer and are universal among many others. If you are lucky, then these can be solved with simple troubleshooting, and if not then you need some expert help. This expert help can be found from HP, use this HP Customer Support link to get that help.
When you open the link you will have two choices, you can either enter your printer number to get contact options or just search for your problem’s solution from the search bar.
The HP Officejet 7740 printer is a winner in every category. Be it speed, capacity, or print quality it shines in everything. So, remember to install HP Officejet 7740 drivers for your printers and get the most of it. Be prepared to troubleshoot whenever you have to, and when you can’t, take help from experts at HP.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
This printer uses HP 952 ink cartridges of black, cyan, magenta, and yellow colors. These are available in standard and XL sizes.
The HP 7740 printer manual is available from the hp support site, you can also use this HP User Manual link from HP to download it.
It has a copy resolution of 66dpi and a 33cpm speed.
You can print up to 11.7×17 inches in print size.