The HP Officejet Pro 8600 is a series of printers with each designed for specific users. Most of the physical design is the same, except for its height which changes due to the second input tray. This and a few other features differentiate the 8600, 8600 Plus, and 8600 premium models in the HP 8600 series. All these printers are intended for low to mid-level usage in small offices or businesses. The key differences lie in the paper capacity and scan features, though you may also notice a slight difference in print quality and speed too. After buying this printer, you need to install the HP Officejet Pro 8600 driver and HP Officejet Pro 8600 software. All the information and download links are provided below.
- 1 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Drivers
- 1.1 Steps to Install the HP 8600 Printer Drivers
- 1.2 Steps to Perform HP Officejet Pro 8600 ePrinter Troubleshooting
- 1.3 Fun Facts
- 1.4 Printing Tip
- 1.5 Common Issues
- 1.6 Design & Specifications
- 1.7 Other Features
- 1.8 Pros & Cons
- 1.9 Customer Support
- 1.10 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Drivers
Full Feature Software and HP Officejet Pro 8600 Drivers
Get this driver for all the necessary features of a printer. It also has some added software for more features. This is a critically recommended software for every user.
Size: 134.2 MB
Release Date: 10th Aug 2018
Basic HP Officejet Pro 8600 Driver
This only consists of a driver to provide your printer with simple features that every printer needs. Other than that it doesn’t have any added software.
Size: 37.2 MB
Release Date: 10th Aug 2018
Universal Fax HP Officejet Pro 8600 Driver
A fax driver for your office printer that should be installed on a server pc to be able to send fax around. This driver is also compatible with older versions of Windows like XP and Vista.
Size: 14.6 MB
Release Date: 17th March 2021
There’s also an associated file that is downloaded with the HP Officejet Pro 8600 driver. You can use this download link for that.
Firmware HP Officejet Pro 8600 Driver
For better security and the latest updates for your driver, install this driver. It’s a firmware tool for your printer.
Size: 26.5 MB
Release Date: 31st Oct 2020
ePrint HP Officejet Pro 8600 Software
Tired of the usual printing methods? then maybe try operating it over a network with other devices. How do you ask? It’s simple, just install this software, and you are good to go.
Size: 31.2 MB
Release Date: 18th Sep 2017
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
Scan and fix most of your printer errors with this diagnostic tool. Run this, and it will search for errors and show you an option to apply the fix.
Size: 15.4 MB
Release Date: 6th April 2021
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Drivers Compatibility: All these HP 8600 drivers are compatible with HP Officejet Pro 8600/Premium/Plus models and 64bit Windows 10.
For other devices, use this HP Drivers link to download the appropriate HP 8600 drivers.
When you open the link, select your device and enter its serial number to get the HP Officejet Pro 8600 drivers.
Steps to Install the HP 8600 Printer Drivers
A tutorial for people who don’t know how to install the HP Officejet Pro 8600 drivers. Follow along with the steps for an easier process.
- Begin by connecting your printer and Windows device with a choice of your connection.
- Check all the drivers and click the download button for the required one.
- This will automatically begin the download. Wait till it is finished.
- Run the downloaded file to start the extraction of the setup. After extraction is done, the setup will launch the installer.
- Use the instructions on the installer to go through with the installation process.
- When prompted by the installer, select your printer from the list shown on the setup.
- This will conclude your drivers and HP Officejet Pro 8600 software installation.
Steps to Perform HP Officejet Pro 8600 ePrinter Troubleshooting
If you are wondering that why are we talking about troubleshooting when there we have discussed the diagnostic tool. This troubleshooting is using the Windows settings and doesn’t require the diagnostic tool.
To use this method, check the steps below.
- From your Windows Start menu go to “Update & Security”.
- In “Updates & Security” you will find the “Troubleshoot menu” on the left. Select it.
- Here you will see a printer option under the “Get up and running” section.
- Selecting that option will give you the “Run the Troubleshooter” option.
- Click on it, and it will scan your printer for errors and solve them.
If you are an avid reader then there is a good chance that you read so many books. Most of these may have had images or photos. There was a time when there were no photos in books. The first time that it happened was in mid 19th Century, around the 1840s. The first book that had photos was a book called Photographers of British Algae: Cyanotype Impressions. This book was published by Anna Atkins who was Botanist and also a photographer. It had images of algae printing by directly placing them under the sunlight on photographic paper.
One simple tip, well it’s more of a suggestion, is to always use the older ink cartridges first. Sometimes you buy things in bulk and the ink/toner may have a slight variation in the purchase dates. In such cases, it is always best to use the older ones first.
How to Solve the Printhead Error in the HP 8600 Printer?
If you have a problem with your printhead, and if you see any error messages like “missing printhead” or “printhead failure” then there are few that can solve this problem.
- Common sense would demand that you reset your printer. This can be done by removing every power cord while the printer is ON. Wait for a minute before you plug back the power cords. Never use a spike suppressor and always connect directly to the main power supply.
- You can also try updating your firmware drivers. There could be firmware updates that can solve this issue.
- Check the printhead, and by that I mean remove it from the printer and clean it. Place it back in the printer and make sure that it fits properly.
- Also. Try cleaning the ink cartridges by removing them from the carriage.
The above steps should solve your printhead problem, if not, then check this HP support document.
What Should I Do if My HP 8600 Printer Stops Working?
If all of a sudden your printer stops working, and you don’t see any error messages on the screen then the first thing that you need to do is isolate the situation and find the problem.
There are a couple of things that can be done here to find and fix the problem.
- First, the go-to solution would be resetting your printer. To do this, remove every power cord while the printer is ON. Wait for a minute before you plug back the power cords. Never use a spike suppressor and always connect directly to the main power supply.
- Next, if not solved, try to run the diagnostic tool to find and solve this issue. This tool helps most of the time with simpler printer issues, and this could also be the case.
- If the above option fails, and you don’t have a clue what the problem is. Try checking a few things like paper jam, ink cartridge carriage.
When you can’t seem to find the problem then there is one thing that can be done, which is contacting HP support for guidance.
Design & Specifications
If you look closely then you will notice that 8600 is slightly less than the other two. This is due to a single tray for input which stores 250 papers, while other models can store up to 500 papers with two trays. The output tray is the same for both with 150 sheets capacity. Due to the missing tray, the 8600 measures 19.4×18.1×14.6 while the other two are slightly more in height with 15 inches. This combined with the 50 sheets ADF makes it weigh 31.6 pounds for 8600 and 33.6 pounds for the 8600 Plus/Premium.
You have a 2.65-inch touchscreen control panel for the 8600, and a 4.3-inch touchscreen for the other two. The 4.3-inch is better with easier touch sensors and also supports gestures. Use this to perform any of its multifunction features for up to 25,000 pages in a month. For printing, you get a good speed of 35ppm for black and 34ppm for color. These speeds are for 8600 Plus and Premium models, while the 8600 is slightly slower, still, this ppm is better than most inkjet printers. With this, you get a maximum resolution of 4800×1200 optimized dpi for color prints.
Combine the feeder with the duplexer then you have a great printer for your office. Just feed some paper, and get output on all sides. The glass scanner lets you scan up to 8.5×11.7 inches from glass and ADF in 8600, and 8.5×14 inches for the Plus and Premium models. Also, one key difference is that the 8600 doesn’t support legal scan size but the other models do.
If you intend to connect your printer with any mobile or PC then employ any kind of connection. It works with almost every mode of connection except the NFC, which even though it did, wouldn’t be much of an asset. Also, there’s software that lets you edit text which is scanned from the glass. This software is called the OCR(Optical Character Recognition) which is specifically an advanced scanning software.
While you get ink with your printer, they need to be substituted after a certain time. In such a scenario, use the HP 950 ink that comes in 4 colors for this device. All the 8600 series devices employ the same ink. Get them using this HP Store link or the Amazon Store link.
Pros & Cons
Now it’s time to palace these features into the pros and cons category.
- The ADF and duplexer are always a plus for any printer.
- Pretty fast in draft mode.
- Good text quality and abundant paper capacity.
- Print quality for graphics and photos is not up to the mark.
- No extra tray for the 8600 model.
The 8600 series printers are great that fill the requirement for the most spectrum of users. You can get these printers using the links provided below.
At the time of writing this article, the 8600 premium model isn’t available online.
Using a printer is easy but maintaining it without any errors isn’t. No matter how anyone operates their printer, there are always going to be a few issues with it. Users may be able to take care of most of them, but there are other errors that general users cannot solve, at least not on their own.
For such errors, HP assists its users. To get this assistance, use this HP Customer Support link and search for your query. You can also enter your device serial number in the provided location and get contact options.
The HP Officejet Pro 8600 series provides some great features in all its 3 models but if you have to choose the best of the 3, I would recommend going for the 8600 Plus model. It has better speed and paper capacity than the standard 8600 model. The large display and a legal-size scan option also further promote its status as the better one.
As for the 8600 premium one, since it is not consistently available in the market, the 8600 plus will be a better choice.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
At the moment of writing this article, this printer is priced at $350.0 in the Amazon store.
Every printer manual is available from HP support pages, and to download the manual for this printer, use this HP User Manual link.
The actual question should be, “can I use non-HP ink cartridges?”. That’s because some printers support inks other than genuine ones and some don’t. Even if they did support them, after a while you will notice a decline in print quality or some error with ink cartridges. So it is better if you use genuine ones.
The 8600 plus has a legal-size scanner, but the standard 8600 model doesn’t.