The HP Officejet 8700 series has some great models, most of these models have a similar set of features and designs. The differentiating factors are print speed and physical design. Other than these two there are no major changes among them. Even the HP Officejet Pro 8710 driver is the same for all the devices. If these two features are deciding factors for you, then you can choose the HP Officejet Pro 8710 eprinter.
It is a low to mid-volume printing machine which is best suited for small offices and at homes. Its speed and paper capacity does speak for that. While other models like the HP Officejet Pro 8720 are mid-level machines that can handle a bit more workload than our 8710 models. Like most Officejet printers, this also is an inkjet printer that uses drop-on-demand thermal ink technology. To know why this is a good choice for you, let’s get into some more specifics.
Now it’s time for you to install the HP 8710 drivers. There are some certain ones that are required, and some others are optional. To find out which driver or HP Officejet Pro 8710 software you need, look below.
- 0.1 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Drivers
- 0.1.1 Full Feature Software and HP Officejet Pro 8710 Drivers
- 0.1.2 Basic HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver
- 0.1.3 Universal Fax HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver
- 0.1.4 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver for Firmware
- 0.1.5 ePrint HP Officejet Pro 8710 Software
- 0.1.6 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Software for Easy Printer Setup
- 0.1.7 HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
- 0.2 Steps to Install the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Drivers
- 0.3 How to Troubleshoot Your HP 8710 Printer?
- 0.4 Fun Facts
- 0.5 Printer Tips
- 0.6 Common Issues
- 0.7 Design & Specifications
- 0.8 Other Features
- 0.9 Pros & Cons
- 0.10 Customer Support
- 0.11 Conclusion
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Drivers
Full Feature Software and HP Officejet Pro 8710 Drivers
For the complete best experience from your printer get this driver. It’s called ‘full feature’ because it comes with essential and optional requirements for your device.
Size: 166.2 MB
Release Date: 13th Jan 2021
Basic HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver
To have at least basic functionality for a printer, get this driver. Though it is generally installed on an office PC where only basic features are required from a printer. Any user with that criteria can download this driver.
Size: 66.4 MB
Release Date: 18th Oct 2018
Universal Fax HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver
Require fax functionality for your printer at the office? This driver is the one to go. Your fax in the office ain’t gonna work unless this is installed on a server PC.
Size: 14.6 MB
Release Date: 17th March 2021
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver for Firmware
To keep your printer bug-free and keep your firmware up to date with the current version, install this driver.
Size: 30.4 MB
Release Date: 5th April 2021
ePrint HP Officejet Pro 8710 Software
Just because a printer supports wireless options doesn’t mean it’s gonna work on its own. Install this software, then it will. Choose the connection of your choice and print from the desired location, and from any supported site. That also includes cloud storage.
Size: 31.2 MB
Release Date: 18th Sep 2017
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Software for Easy Printer Setup
This software is for users who need easy instructions for a setup.
Size: 9.5 MB
Release Date: 26th March 2021
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
To be in control of your device and have the option to solve your own printer problems, install this tool.
Size: 15.4 MB
Release Date: 6th April 2021
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Drivers Compatibility: These HP 8710 drivers are for 64bit Windows 10 devices only.
For other devices, you can check this HP 8710 Drivers link and get them.
Steps to Install the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Drivers
If you have never installed any HP 8710 printer drivers then just follow the steps below.
- First, before you start the installation, link your printer and Windows device.
- Now select your required HP 8710 printer driver or HP Officejet Pro 8710 software and click on its download button.
- When the file is downloaded, run it. Wait for the extraction to complete.
- After extraction is done the setup will launch. All you have to do is use the info on the installer to finish the installation.
- When prompted, select your printer from the list of printers shown on the Windows device.
- This will conclude your HP Officejet Pro 8710 driver download and installation.
How to Troubleshoot Your HP 8710 Printer?
This is a simple process that can be done using your Windows settings. To access the troubleshooting menu from your device look at the steps below.
- From your Windows Start menu, search troubleshoot settings.
- When you go into the Troubleshooting menu, you will find the printer option in the “Get up and running section”.
- Selecting that option will give you the “Run the troubleshooter” option.
- When that is selected, it will comb through your printer to solve any currently occurring problem.
With these steps, your most printer issues will be solved.
Every printer user knows that most printers operate with four colors. These colors are formed when combined with other colors, that are required for printing. Present-day printers employ this technique, but this technique(or at least the base for it) was discovered way back in the early 18th Century.
This was done by using four different colored metal plates for engraving in color, which was first done by Jakob Christof Le Blon. He was a German painter who first discovered this technique.
Ever heard that a printer consumes power, even though the device has been shut down? That is true when the power cable is connected to the power supply. So make sure you remove the power cord when it is turned off to save some power.
How Can I Solve the HP 8710 Printer Cartridge Problem?
See anything wrong with your ink cartridges? Then there are a couple of things to check and try for solving this error. These errors are generally like ‘missing cartridge’ or ‘cartridge error’ more or less in that way. So check the steps below for HP 952 ink and follow the order. Also, if you are using any other cartridge then check this HP support document.
- First, you need to remove the access door to check the cartridges number. This is to make sure that you are using a compatible ink cartridge for your printer. So if not, then replace it with the compatible one. Also, if you are using an HP+ printer then you cannot use any non-HP cartridges.
- Try resetting your printer by removing every power cord while it is still on. Wait for a minute before you plug them back in. Remember that you should never use a spike suppressor.
- You can also try cleaning your cartridges and its contact area to the printer.
- If you find any faulty cartridges then replace them.
- When none of the above steps work then you need to service your printer. You can also try contacting HP support.
Why Is My HP Easy Scan Unable to Scan After Updating to Macos Catalina(10.5)?
There can be multiple kinds of error messages when you try to print from your macOS Catalina device using the HP Easy scan. The errors can be like ‘ADF is empty or ‘unsuccessful scan’.
Updating your macOS Catalina will solve this issue.
Design & Specifications
It has a simple yet robust design which might be a little heavy with a 25.4 pounds body that covers 19.7×25.2×12.4 inches. These dimensions are with the output tray extended. On the top front, you have the 2.65-inch touchscreen LCD to access most of its functions. This is another difference between the 8710 and 8720 models. Comparatively, the 8720 has a bigger screen which is 4.3inches.
Since it is an Officejet printer, it surely has a good paper capacity. That is around 250 sheets in the input tray and 150 sheets in the output one. If it doesn’t satisfy the requirement then get a second tray that stores 250 papers. This should be plenty enough for most users with mid-range requirements. Use all that paper to print with a 35ppm speed for both color and monochrome prints.
If you wish you had a little more speed then check the HP Officejet Pro 8720 which is slightly faster with 37ppm. This can let you print up to 30,000 pages which is its limit for a month. Along with speed and capacity, you also get good quality from the 8710 printers. Now I believe that this paper’s capacity and speed are plenty enough for the aforementioned users, and can do a great job with it. To further support my opinion, you have the 35 sheets ADF tray that prevents you from lingering over the printer. Also, you can select either the manual or automatic option for the duplexer.
All these can be done over your choice of connection which can be a wired or a wireless one. Except for the NFC, you get all options that are in a printer. To think how the world has changed with mobiles, it’s fascinating. You can use almost every electronic device with your smartphone, those devices also include printers. Like plenty of connectivity options, you also have plenty of mobile connectivity support too.
Every current smartphone OS is supported for this printer. Depending on your device, choose appropriate options to use your printer. Using these features, scan from the glass or ADF for up to 8.5×14 inches in size. There’s also the OCR software available for advanced scanning and editing of texts.
Similarly, in terms of resolution, 200 dpi for black and the general 45800×1200 dpi for color is what you get. To do all this you need to get some ink, and this printer uses HP 952 ink cartridges. It comes in four different colors with each one using a separate cartridge. These four inks are black, cyan, magenta, and yellow.
Pros & Cons
Now it’s time we split these into some pros and cons.
- Great speed compliment with abundant paper capacity.
- Support ADF and the auto-duplexing feature.
- Can connect using Ethernet.
- Also, there’s an option to print from USB.
- The Control panel size is small.
- Can be a little complex for newbies.
Most users prefer an online home delivery for any product, so here is the Amazon Store link to get this printer delivered to your doorstep.
Unable to solve any of your printer issues like the ones above? Simple, just get help from experts at HP. That can be done by using this HP Customer Support link.
When you open the link, enter your device serial number to get contact options. Also, you can just search for your query from the search bar.
Even though the HP Officejet Pro 8710 is a wee slow and has less paper than the other 8700 series printers, it still is a great choice for many users. There isn’t much to point fingers at this printer, except maybe for the small screen size. Other than that there is nothing that is stopping this printer. We appeal you to go through this article “HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver” if you are decided to purchase a good printer.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Yes, and Yes. It does come with trial-size ink cartridges, and you can print labels with this printer.
Most printers come with a handbook or user guide, but if yours doesn’t come with one then you can use this HP User Manual link to download it.
Well, you can copy from 30cpm with black and 27cpm with color pages. One original document can be copied up to 99 times, you can also zoom before printing a document from 25% to 400%.
Yes, you can size legal-size documents from the flatbed glass.