The HP Officejet Pro 8720 eprinter will steal your heart the moment you see it. Its design is more of a carved structure that is synonymous with sculptures. It’s elegant, stylish, and almost works like a workhorse. Though it is an inkjet printer that uses drop-on-demand thermal ink, it works like a laserjet printer in terms of speed and paper capacity. Not just that, but its print quality is pretty impressive as well. All these features in a multifunction printer should be tempting enough for any user to get it for his/her office or business requirement. Every printer requires you to install specific drivers, and this printer isn’t an exception. To find out what HP Officejet Pro 8720 driver you require, check the information below.
- 1 HP Officejet Pro 8720 Drivers
- 1.0.1 Full Feature Software and HP Officejet Pro 8720 Drivers
- 1.0.2 Basic HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
- 1.0.3 Universal Fax HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
- 1.0.4 Firmware HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
- 1.0.5 ePrint HP Officejet Pro 8720 Software
- 1.0.6 Easy Start Printer Setup HP Officejet Pro 8720 Software
- 1.0.7 HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
- 1.1 Steps to Install the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
- 1.2 Steps to Perform HP 8720 Printer Maintenance
- 1.3 Fun Facts
- 1.4 Printer Tip
- 1.5 Common Issues
- 1.6 Design & Specifications
- 1.7 Other Features
- 1.8 Pros & Cons
- 1.9 Customer Support
- 1.10 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Drivers
Full Feature Software and HP Officejet Pro 8720 Drivers
To make it easy for users to install the printer drivers, HP has provided this package. This driver provides every necessary software that is essential for a printer.
Size: 165.7 MB
Release Date: 13th Jan 2021
Basic HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
Generally recommended for IT users, since this driver is only for basic stuff. If a printer only needs basic features then driver is the one to go for.
Size: 66.4 MB
Release Date: 18th Oct 2018
Universal Fax HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
To send faxes around your office, install this driver. One requirement for this driver is that you install this on a server PC.
Size: 14.6 MB
Release Date: 17th March 2021
Firmware HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
To fend your printer off any bugs, you need this driver. Keep this updated, and it will prevent and fix most bugs in your printer.
Size: 32.5 MB
Release Date: 5th April 2021
ePrint HP Officejet Pro 8720 Software
For using its wireless printers, this software is crucial. This software lets you connect over different wireless features to any compatible printer. This provides users mobile printing, and the capability to print from the cloud option.
Size: 31.2 MB
Release Date: 18th Sep 2017
Easy Start Printer Setup HP Officejet Pro 8720 Software
A software to guide you through your setup.
Size: 9.5 MB
Release Date: 26th March 2021
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver Tool for Diagnostics
A tool that allows users to solve most printer problems with just some clicks. This tool searches and pacthes your printer errors, all there is to do is execute it.
Size: 15.4 MB
Release Date: 6th April 2021
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Drivers Compatibility: You need to fulfill the requirement of using a 64bit Windows 10 device before you install these HP Officejet Pro 8720 drivers.
If you don’t fill that requirement then use this HP 8720 Printer Drivers link to download appropriate drivers for your device.
Steps to Install the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
A tutorial for dummies to install the drivers and HP Officejet Pro 8720 software on their device. The steps are as follows.
- Connect your printer and Windows device first, and then follow the next steps.
- Look for your required HP 8720 drivers and click on the download button. This will automatically start the download.
- Run the downloaded file. It will start the extraction for the installer.
- When the extraction is done, the setup will launch the installer.
- Follow the instructions on the setup to go through with the installation process.
- When prompted, select your printer from the list on your Windows device.
- With this, your installation and HP Officejet 8720 driver download is done.
Steps to Perform HP 8720 Printer Maintenance
Like troubleshooting, maintenance is another important tool or rather an important feature for any printer. This feature lets you perform hardware clean and more such things. There are few types in this, depending on the user requirement. Also, accessing these features can be a little tricky because every device has unique options to access. So let us see two such options.
- From your Windows taskbar, right-click on your printer icon.
- In the right-click menu, select the Open Toolbox option and go to the Device Services tab.
- Here you will find the required maintenance option.
- Go to Programs from your Windows Start menu and select the HP (your printer name) series,
- In there, choose the HP (printer name) series Toolbox option, and go to its Services tab.
- Now choose your desired form of maintenance.
In the early 19th Century most newspapers used text in their prints, but that changed in 1842 with the advent of Illustrated London News. This is a weekly illustrated newspaper that used images and graphic arts in its paper. This became even more popular in the latter part of the Century. Ultimately, this ceased to exist in the year 2003.
Ever heard of cartridge cleaners? No? Well, then know that this is a handy tool for everyone. Often times we notice that there is something wrong the quality of the output we get. Some think that an old printer is the reason, but that may not be true. In any case, I insists users to get a cartridge cleaner.
Why do you ask? Well, the cleaner clears any print head blocks. With this Amazon Store link buy yourself one.
Why Is My HP 8720 Printer Showing Offline While It Isn’t?
If your printer is showing an offline message and cannot connect to a network then check the next few things.
- Try using the HP diagnostic tool to solve this error. Download the tool using this HP Diagnostic tool link and run it.
- It will scan through your printer and Windows device, and ask for printer and network selection.
- Then you will get an option to apply the fix for this problem.
- When that is done, select the test page print option but click on “No Print”
If this doesn’t help you then check this HP support document to find a solution.
How to Solve the HP 8720 Printer Wireless Printing Problem?
This issue is common among the HP 8720 printers, but don’t worry few simple steps can solve this issue.
- The common thing would be to reboot your printer by removing every power cord, while it is still on. Plug them back after you wait for a minute. If this doesn’t do it, then check the next steps.
- Remove your drivers from the Windows device by going to the Programs and Features menu, and remove your printer by right-clicking on it.
- Then follow further instructions provided on the screen and reboot your device. Now install every driver again from the HP drivers page.
- You can also use the HP diagnostic tool to solve this problem. All you have to do is, run the tool, and select the option to apply the fix when provided.
Even after doing all this you still have a problem then contact HP support for assistance.
Design & Specifications
I have already mentioned how great its design is, but to paint you an accurate measurement, its dimensions are 19.7×20.9×13.4 inches, and it weighs 33.02 pounds. I admit that this may be a bit too much for some, but if you know what makes it this bulky, you might ignore that fact. It comes with two input trays, with each one holding up to 250 sheets, and apart from that, you have the usual 150 sheets output tray. Not just this, but you also have an auto feeder that can hold up to 50 sheets.
Using this auto feeder, print on every sides with the duplexer. This feature makes it suitable for most office and home requirements. Since this is a mid to high-range printer, you have up to 30,000 pages per month duty cycle. If you want to make use of this large paper capacity, you will need good printing speed, and this printer does give you that. With 37ppm speed for both black and color prints, most of your tasks should be a piece of cake.
This speed is in draft mode, but if you prefer the standard mode then you can print with 24ppm for black and 20ppm for color prints. With good speed, you have good print quality, which is mostly true for graphics and images. It falters a little when it comes to text quality which is its only drawback, though it isn’t entirely bad.
One cool feature that this printer has is the option to transform any text that you can scan, to editable text. This is possible with the help of an integrated software called OCR (Optical Character Recognition). This feature can be utilized with up to 8.5×14 inches size documents because that’s the maximum scan size. Speaking of scanning, the best resolution that you can get is 1200×1200 dpi optical. Similarly, in terms of printing, its best resolution is 4800×1200 optimized dpi for color and 120 dpi for black prints.
Do all this while connecting to any device over your preferred mode of connection, as this has every possible connection feature. Choose either wired or wireless mode, and print even from your smartphone with the HP apps for Android and iOS devices. There is also compatibility to use kindle devices with this printer. All of this can be done with few simple steps to set up this printer, as it is pretty easy.
To operate this printer, users will also have to get some alternate ink cartridges. For that, get the HP 952 ink cartridges. Buy it with this HP Store link or the Amazon Store link, or subscribe to the HP Instant Ink which is more of a cheaper option.
Pros & Cons
Time to split these features into pros and cons.
- Amazing speed and paper capacity.
- Auto feeding and auto 2 side printing with the duplexer.
- Image and graphic quality are good.
- All-in-one printer with both wired and wireless connections.
- Text quality is disappointing.
- Can be considered a little cumbersome.
This printer is available from different stores, but here we provide you the Amazon Store link to get one for your home or office.
Like the issues that given above, there can be other problems that cause trouble. Most of them can be taken care of with some simple troubleshooting, while the others require some serious procedure. These procedures are not known to general users, but you can get help from HP for that. Use this HP Customer Support link to contact the experts at HP and solve your problems.
Open this link and search for your query or just enter your device serial number, and get contact options.
There is nothing much left to tell except that this all-in-one printer is a great choice for any home or office user. With its more than required paper capacity and speed, you can handle most of your daily chores. You can make use of its multifunction features mostly at offices that require fax and ADF features. Other than the subpar text quality, there is nothing that’s lacking with this printer. Make sure to keep your drivers and HP Officejet Pro 8720 software updated at all times. When in need of help, contact people at HP.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
You get a 33.6 Kbps transmission speed that can send a page in 4 seconds. Also, you can add up to 99-speed dials, and get a resolution of 300×300 dpi.
You can use this HP User Manual link to get the printer manual.
To get replacement ink you need to get the HP 952 ink cartridges. This printer uses 4 of these cartridges for color and monochrome printing.
Yes, you have the option to automatically scan on both sides with this printer.